I’m very proud to have helped launch The Expect More Excellence Tour for my longtime client, Expect More Arizona. The Excellence Tour is a portal to see and share excellence in education across Arizona. Although we know there is still a long way to go before we see the type of world-class education Arizona’s students deserve, it is important to recognize and celebrate the models of excellence in our state. This reminds us that not only is excellence possible here, it is already happening across our state right now. Now, we must demand that excellence for all of Arizona’s students.
There are just a few highlights about the site I want to point out, and then I encourage you to visit, vote, and share.
- A Google map is embedded where you can visit different areas in Arizona to see local submissions.
- A “Thumbs Up” ticker on the map measures engagement with each example of excellence submission. It’s fun to watch those numbers climb throughout the day.
- Each submission has its own unique URL, with buttons to share that page via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and e-mail.
- Visitors can vote for their favorite videos, encouraging submitters to utilize their networks (and their networks’ networks, and so on) to share their submission. You can only vote for a video one time per day, to encourage repeat visitors.
- The user-generated content gives participants ownership of the site, and the friendly competition gives them a vested interest in driving traffic.
But, mostly, in an environment that often focuses on the negative, this is a nice way to stop and acknowledge great work that is happening in an increasingly challenging arena. It’s a way to say thank you to those who are expecting more of themselves and raising the bar for education in Arizona. And, personally, I don’t think we can say thank you enough.
Please visit The Expect More Excellence Tour to see the submissions and nominate your own!